Monday, April 27, 2015

Moving in and moving on

I apologize that I still haven't posted pics of our amazing new floors or any of the finished rooms in the house. Honestly I haven't had time to take any since I've been trying to shuttle things from the storage unit to the house and shove them into the appropriate room. We spent the weekend arranging things in the kids' rooms so that we can begin the process of getting the living spaces free of random things like soccer cleats and nerf guns. It feels like we've just moved in. Nothing in the house is really totally organized or decorated or even clean yet, but we're getting there. I feel sorry for the flooring guys since they have to install the last bit of hardwood in our room and it's just a total sty in there. I mean I couldn't find pants if I had to so it's a good thing that I have some mostly clean pajama pants to wear until I do laundry. I do have one pic to show you. Those with OCD or who are just neat freaks you might want to shield your eyes. This  is my office.



























I'd have gotten a more complete picture of the chaos, but I couldn't get the door open far enough. See the office chair with the cricut on it? That's where I'm sitting right now and the cricut is still in the chair because there's no where else to put it. Those of you who have seen my office know that there are sliding doors that take up most of one wall in here so the logical thing would be to open them and move things out and bring them back in in a more organized fashion. Well, I can't and do you want to know why? Because this is going on outside those doors.

That is the yardsale pile that was put there after I crammed my office full by throwing things through the door. I can't even reach the door handle let alone open the door and access the outside space. The purge pile is growing daily as we put things away and slide things out before the kids notice. We're telling them that they got lost in storage. The worst part about the mess that is my office is that I have to make a sloth puppet for Colin's school performance by May 4th. The equipment I need is in here somewhere, but there's no way that I can reach it. I'm hoping to clean up some of this disaster this week but I don't know what's in the cards for that sort of activity. The office is sort of a low priority but a necessary evil if I want to start replenishing the bank account that I just depleted for amazing storage in the master bedroom. Like I said it's a priority thing, pants or puppets- you be the judge. 

In other news, I sent a polite email to the head of the building codes department down at city hall asking him to throw us a bone and give us a pass on this inspection so that we can all just move on. I'll keep you posted on how well that goes over. I guess that's all the news that I have to report for now. Stay tuned! ~Kellie~





No comments:

Post a Comment