Wednesday, April 29, 2015

One bite at a time

This post is really just a way for me to realize what I've accomplished so that I can stop feeling so much anxiety. Today is one of those days that anxiety is kicking my butt but I'm determined to come out on top. I've spent the last who knows how long because I've lost count of the days painting and prepping and moving and unpacking and organizing and installing and building and whatever else I've been doing. I don't even know what all I've done in the last two months but I'm choosing to believe that the excess chaos is winding down and I'll soon be able to shift to normal things. Here are some of the finer points of what we've done since Saturday.


  • With Henry's help I've managed to shuttle things from the storage unit to home which made it look like we just moved in. If things looked bad before due to construction, they were about equally bad after bringing all of our things home and piling them up. At least we put them in the appropriate rooms for the most part which made the rest of my week smoother.
  • Jonas's room has been set up, organized, and he's settling in. I think that he's excited to have his own space where no one tells him what to do. 
  • Colin's room has also been set up and organized and he's elated that he's now allowed to stay up until 9 which is a secret from the other kids. 
  • Kinsley's room has been combed through, all of the excess things have been put away or purged, and she has room to play in there again. Going through all of her clothes and toys really sucked but it's done for the next season. 
  • Henry's room has been gone through and all of our things have been removed. I also went through his clothes and toys. Shoot me now. 
  • All of the furniture for our master bedroom is in our room and assembled. We are finally sleeping on a real bed like adults. I also hung our roman shade so that we don't have to use a sheet as a curtain. Speaking of sheets, we even bought new sheets because our other ones were toast after being on the air mattress for so long. #deadelastic
  • I've purchased and assembled our closet system and Henry installed it and finished setting it up. We have our own closet again!
  • Speaking of our clothes, we've gone through all of them and purged some and put the rest away. I can now find socks and pajamas and I don't have to dig through a laundry basket like a rat. 
  • The master bathroom is functional. Like I put up the shower bar and curtains and shower head and cleaned it and we can take a shower in there. I also installed the towel bars and toilet paper holder, the vanity light. the mirror, and Henry and I put in the new vanity. Props to him for installing the faucet and reworking the plumbing so that it fit inside the new vanity. The new vanity has so many drawers which really helped when putting away all of the things that go in there. I also purged a box of stuff like old hair gel and dead cold medicines etc.
  • Henry turned lemons into lemonade with a crazy purchase that I made that didn't really work out for what I bought it for but was perfect for what he needed. He's set up his office and it's looking pretty smooth. 
  • Last but not least, I finally got to my office today and stacked the boxes up so that I can open the door and start working. It's still a total disaster and the flooring is just a chunk of old carpet that was left over from Jonas's room but at least my feet won't get all cold and chalky from the slab. Ick. Here's a pic of a less chaotic office. It's still not great but at this point I don't care. 
We still have a long way to go to have everything "finished" which as you know never really happens here. We've made a huge pile of things on the front porch and we're having a yard sale Saturday. Whatever doesn't sell is going to goodwill or the dump. I really want the front of my house to not look ghetto anymore. I'm off to do a little lunch and retail therapy now, but eventually I'll get pics posted of the rest of the house. ~Kellie~



No comments:

Post a Comment